Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Not everybody can be a nobody

Here I'm speaking of nobodies, not knowbodies, and of dear, dear Charles Pooter in particular. Don't know how I could have missed the obvious connection between one of my favorite books - read long before I started throwing away my life on the internet - and the current web2.0 and Twitter-enabled craze for "status updating."  But, yes, of course, Diary of a Nobody is available as a daily weblog, how could it not be? These days, as of April 25, Pooter is experimenting with the new Pinkford's enamel paint - don't miss it! And of course Pooter is also on Twitter, these media were made for him. Yet despite the millions all over the world trying to emulate him round the clock, Pooter remains unique; not everybody can be a nobody!

No comments:

Post a Comment