- Although men and women follow a similar number of Twitter users, men have 15% more followers than women.
- an average man is almost twice more likely to follow another man than a woman
- On a typical online social network, most of the activity is focused around women - men follow content produced by women they do and do not know, and women follow content produced by women they know
- Among Twitter users, the median number of lifetime tweets per user is one
- the top 10% of prolific Twitter users accounted for over 90% of tweets
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Findings of a Harvard Business School study of Twitter: