Thursday, April 3, 2008

What I'm doing right now?

Well it's about time, I thought you'd never ask! Actually, right now I'm writing a post on my blog about another instructional video from Commoncraft, this one explaining Twitter. As usual, they do an excellent job of demonstrating what the thing is. And also, inadvertently I fear, what an absolutely preposterous thing it is. The presenter laments that "Real life happens between blogposts and emails" - but that was before, now Twitter can help remedy that regrettable situation. Check out the video. Now I'm going to change the band-aid on my heel, and then take the dog for a walk. But stay tuned, I'll be back soon! (Unfortunately, soon after that I have to vacuum..)

p.s. - I'm an old fuddy-duddy, and Twitter may well deserve a second opinion

2 comments:

  1. Hi petter - I agree it's well presented, but yes, if you start doing reporting your life in this kind of detail, when are you going to get time to live it? This kind of need to celebrate the simple side of life seems to me to arise from an assumption that we are unhappy and troubled most of our lives and so seek comfort and reassurance in other people's untroubled domesticity. But maybe I'm projecting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...yes, that and/or an assumption that people have a natural gregariousness and prefer empty banter to serious thought,reading, work and more demanding but more rewarding pursuits. Sometimes you just have to exercise some discipline and stay away from the computer (or the television), but the web is not going to tell us that!

    ReplyDelete