Thursday, February 21, 2008

LinkBunch


Sometimes you might like to send your library patrons a bunch of links to information they've asked you for. Rather than send a long unsightly list of urls, you can arrange them in a pleasant nosegay and wrap it up in a single link. LinkBunch assembles the links for you and hides them behind a single url. For example, had I been as clever last Wednesday as I am today, I would not have posted that off-putting list of urls that I extracted using the link-extractor tool. (In fact, reviewing the post I see that I didn't even mention that I'd used the link extractor, which was the whole point of the post! ) Instead, I would have written a few lines about the link extractor, and then simply pasted all the urls together in this LinkBunch...where those interested could peruse them at leisure.

No comments:

Post a Comment