- It gives you direct access to the content of over 3000 human rights websites. Currently over 2'300'000 pages have been indexed.
- It filters out the non-relevant content: only the pages from websites with a main focus on human rights are indexed.
- It provides fresh information. The crawler visits all sites periodically. The frequency depends on the type of organisation: every 24 hours for the Intergovernmental Organisations, National Human Rights Institutions, and Academic Institutions; every 8 days for the NGO collection
- It uses powerful drill-down techniques which become indispensable for in-depth searching: search by language, by organisation, by country, and more.
- It instantly analyses search results and recognizes the prevalent human rights themes - suggesting new and useful search directions.
- It prominently displays information produced by local grassroots organisations who often produce very relevant first-hand information (these important sources are lost by larger non-specialized search engines).
- It is completely independent from political or commercial interests - this is guaranteed by HURIDOCS.
Saturday, September 30, 2006
Human Rights search engine
Hurisearch is a search engine for human rights information. In its own words.....